Sunday, November 15, 2009

West High Volleyball...SO GOOD!

First off: Go Hawks
Now down to business

This post has been a long time comin, mainly because the volleyball team deserved to have something written about how they dominate, and since their season just ended (fast forward to 40 seconds for hilarity), I'd like to put some thoughts on the blog.

So for those of you who aren't aware, West High volleyball is dominant. They made it to the state finals this year before losing to last year's winner Ankeny. I'm gonna go ahead and call foul play on the IHSAA, because they obviously rigged the match. But that's neither here nor there.

West has a few D-1 players on the team. Most notably seniors Jessica "Air" Gehrke and Christiana "Un" Fairfield. From what I could tell they were the leaders of the squad and provided the leadership on the court. Gehrke makes the opponents court look like Baghdad while Fairfield is apparently the setter or something (obviously, I'm one of the volleyball experts).

The Women of Troy played extremely well this year, and deserve the crown of "Best Fall Sports Team" narrowly edging out girls cross country, who also had a super season and have alot of talent coming back (note: the girls cross country team also deserves some respect, I've been nagged by a certain someone to write about them, but since I have 0 knowledge about the sport of cross country, I'm not even going to try and persuade you that I do).

So here's how I'll sum things up:
Volleyball=amazingly good
Girls XC=very good
Toy Story 2=ok
Dane Cook=not so great
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

With Love,
David "Lights Out" Rachke

2 comments:

  1. dude i love dane cook....he may be crazy, but i appreciate his style of humor

    ReplyDelete
  2. youre right. toy story 2 was just ok

    ReplyDelete