Friday, September 18, 2009

West vs. City...Innocent 'til Proven Guilty

Hiroshima and Nagasaki vs. The Atomic Bomb
Scar vs. Simba
All other Math Teams vs. The West High Math Team
Holyfield's Ear vs. Tyson's teeth
Most people vs. the rubix cube
BK vs. Girls
West vs. City...2009

All in common? complete domination...I'll let you pick the winners

As a fan, I came into the City-West game very uncertain about what the outcome would be. I didn't think we'd actually win, mainly because they're the number one team in the state and we are obviously not, but I always remained optimistic in our chances.

But seriously....

It's fair to say that besides the kickoff return yardage category, West pretty much got dominated in every single phase of the game. City imposed their will, running all over us like Austin Powers and then they passed all over us, like girls at a dance who don't want to dance with that one guy because he's "that guy", you know? At any rate, it was difficult to see the light at the end of the dark tunnel that was Thursday night from around 7-9:30 P.M. As a fan, you know it's not going well when your players return to the sideline and throw their helmets on the ground. If the game was a fight, that's when you gotta put your pride aside and throw in the towel.

Derby Sanchez didn't do anything. He didn't need to. But how amazing was the student section?!? Totally dominating the weak student body of City with cheers like, "We've got spirit", "Oh no, we suck again!" and "9 more field goals". Not to mention a boombox (the 1990's just called me, they want that line back).

Oh wait, sorry City just scored again..."11 more field goals".

Anyway, I will put that loss behind me, as should all West fans, and focus on getting homecoming dates/that English reading you put off until the last minute. The homecoming game will be a good one against CR Prarie a.k.a. 4-H Cedar Rapids style. I know we'll be ready to go.

So I'll leave you with the wise words of one Chris "CJ, J-Hawk" Jones

"I don't look back, I just keep going"

With Love,
David "Lights Out" Rachke

No comments:

Post a Comment